Sunday, June 19, 2016

Triple Book Launch in May!

The long-awaited reading by our own Glenn Bowie, who had to cancel the first time with some cockamamie story about being in the ER with a punctured lung.... he was joined by Michael Keith and Lori Desrosiers.


Not to make this about me or anything, but I do take the worst pictures,
and Glenn was busy being a feature... so most of these lovely shots are courtesy of
my good friend Joy Martin! Thanks, Joy! 


Also, I like to mention the food... what was special this day was
the key lime pie cookies! O M G.

Okay, so we began with Michael Keith, whose new book, 
Bits Specks Crumbs Flecks just came out. His usual great writing,
but this was the first time I got to sit and hear him read at length.
He was red hot! 




Next up was our darlingest Glenn Bowie, who read from
his new poetry collection, Into the Thorns and Honey.



As if that wasn't enough - and by golly, doncha think
it oughta be??? we had the lovely Lori Desrosiers
reading from her latest collection, 
Sometimes I Hear the Clock Speak.



Adding to the special-ness of the day was my friend
Jonathan Furman, who was visiting from California!
He was so impressed with everyone!












No comments:

Post a Comment