Saturday, May 14, 2016

OUR FIRST OPEN MIC!

What took us so long to do one? We do not know! But we will definitely be doing more. There is something magical about the center after dark... all the softly lit lamps... the dim ambiance... me saying I HAVE TO TURN THE LIGHTS ON BECAUSE NONE OF MY PICTURES ARE COMING OUT GOOD.

Anyway, it was a blast to have so many participants... some familiar faces, and (hooraaay!) some new!


The usual yummies. 


I was SO delighted to see my new friend Ann Doyle there... she and I met in Boston a couple of weeks earlier when we read our poems at Boston City Hall. I hope she'll become a regular!


She even brought some friends: this is Cheryl Savageau.


Daniel Hudon is a bit of a rarity in these parts, so it was completely great to have him join us. 


My favorite performance poet, Harry Mishkin!


Couple fellow poetry group partners, Keith Tornheim....


and Rachel Greenberg.


And of course Christopher Reilley! 


Great friend, the poet Richard Fox.


Someone named Russ... can't remember his last name, but he was great!


My dear dear friend Ruth, who came from far to join us... she read one of my all-time favorite poems - it's included in the Best of Boston Literary Magazine Anthology.


She and Chris have been enjoying a new friendship on Facebook, and finally got to meet!


The only person not pictured is my darling friend Joy Martin - and that's because she took all these pictures. Seriously, all of mine sucked big time. Thanks, Joy, SO much! 

See you all at the next Open Mic! 












No comments:

Post a Comment