Thursday, September 10, 2015

Summer Ends, but Fall takes its place, and that's okay!

Man alive, can you believe how fast the summer months scooted by? At the NWPC we had so many wicked wicked cool events that I fell behind in posting about them.

On July 9 we hosted Doug Holder's book launch for his new collection of prose poems, Portrait of an Artist as a Young Poseur (Big Table Publishing Co.) and the crowd was so much bigger than I expected that my worst nightmare came true - we ran out of food, water, wine and faux champagne! But I think no one panicked except me...



Here's the food out of which we ran:


Although we did, as always, have cake left over!



On August 15th we hosted the most amazing TRIPLE BOOK LAUNCH for Big Table authors Lois Cuddy, Paul Beckman, and Brad Rose. Despite another huge crowd, yes, there was cake left over. Every time we have an event, I put on two pounds.



Brad Rose was adorable reading from Pink X-Ray


Paul Beckman didn't shirk from using naughty words 
while reading from Peek


Lois Cuddy only spent 14 years working on 
Penelope's Song

Then the Summer of Doug Holder continued when we presented our first annual ALLEN GINSBERG LITERARY COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTION AWARD. He was so touched and so honored, but that didn't keep him from interrupting my intro full of praise to the point where I completely forgot what I had planned to say. If we ever establish a WISE GUY OF THE YEAR AWARD I think we might give him that, too. 


Seriously, he is an amazing person... poet, friend, 
supporter of all that is literary... everyone loves him to bits.


Yup. Cake.


It's been a great summer! Thanks, everyone! SO much! 









2 comments: